Swim Nova Scotia and the Halifax Trojan Aquatic Club will be co-hosting the 2018 David Fry Nova Scotia Provincial Championships March 1-4th at Dalplex Pool.
Assignment of Officials as of Feb 28. We are in need of timers for all sessions and Sr Officials for a few sessions, please email Lynn with your preferred position and availability as soon as possible. See important parking information noted below for Thursday and Friday for spectators (volunteer timers, officials and Coaches will receive a parking pass).
NO SPLIT WARM-UP
o Prelims: 7:30-9:00am Daily; 7:30-8:10am PARA only & 12 & Under lane 8
o Finals: 3:30-5:00pm Daily; Lane 8 will be a PARA only & 12 & Under warm-up lane for the first 40 minutes.
o Sprint & Pace lanes will be open for the last 20 minutes of each scheduled warm-up period
- Session Reports note the timelines during finals do not account for the B finals. Please add another 15 minutes or so to each scheduled finish time for finals
- Psych Sheets; all entries have been confirmed. Scratches will result in empty lanes (except for those events requiring positive check-in).
- Positive Check-In: Will be required for the 800/1500m Freestyle
- Distance Events: May be swum 2 per lane, fastest to slowest, alternating gender
- Combined events: Distance events may be combined once we complete positive check-in.
- Relays: Will be re-seeded; names can be changed up to 15 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled relay. The men’s 13 & Under 800m Freestyle Relay will swim with the women’s 13 & Under 800m Freestyle Relay. If other relay events are going to be combined, Coaches will be notified.
- PARA Events: These have been added to finals; please double check the psych sheets and let me know if I have entered your PARA swimmers correctly in those events (these can be changed up to the end of prelims on the day of the event, entry times will be updated after prelims).
- Spectator Parking: Thursday & Friday Prelims Parking: Parking is available on any side street near Dalplex (please read street sights); OR parking meters in the Dalplex Parking lot OR Head to the LeMarchant Place parking lot on South Street, Study Campus. Pay and display parking: the cost is $2 per hour or $16 per day. Parking is free in these lots in all non-reserved spots from 4:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m. No overnight parking from 1:30 to 7:00 a.m. There are no concerns with parking in the Dalplex parking lot on Thursday and Friday during finals or on Saturday/Sunday.
- Facility Rules: Please ensure those on deck are wearing indoor shoes.
- Hospitality: HTAC will be providing hospitality in the classroom off the deck in the shallow end for all Coaches and Officials. To be more environmentally friendly, we will be limiting the amount of disposable water bottles available throughout the swim meet. Please remember to bring a refillable water bottle with you to the meet as there will be several water stations available for water refills. We will have volunteers that will be available to refill your bottle for you so you can keep your eyes on the meet! Thank you for your help.
- Canteen: HTAC will be providing a healthy canteen. This will be located above the bleachers in the deep end of the pool.
- Results: We hope to have live results will be available on meet mobile and online live results *There will be NO live web streaming.
- Officials: Timers and Officials are still needed to assist in running a successful competition; email Lynn
- We hope to have PMG Promotions on site selling meet clothing on Thursday, Friday & Saturday morning.