Swim Nova Scotia is seeking summer swimming coordinator(s). Below you will find criteria and key competencies for the position. Access to transportation is required. The main role of the Summer Swimming Coordinator is to assist the Executive Director with his/her duties, and to co-ordinate all of the functions of the summer swimming program.
Start Date: TBD
Finish Date: August 31st, 2012
i. Must be a University student, and returning to school the following season.
ii. Must have knowledge in competitive swimming.
iii. Organizational skills an asset.
iv. Knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager program an asset.
v. Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager program an asset.
vi. NCCP Swimming Fundamentals or equivalent an asset.
vii. Access to transportation.
• Develop/update the summer swimming operating handbook.
• Develop the summer swimming directory.
• Distribute weekly technical newsletters (July-August) to appropriate summer swim clubs.
• Ensure that all summer swimmers are registered with Swim Nova Scotia.
• Maintain a registration database using Hy-Tek Team Manager.
• Maintain the summer swimming rankings using Hy-Tek Team Manager.
• Liaise with standing committees, and attend required meetings.
• Provide Technical Clinics to summer swim clubs.
• Attend required swim meets.
• Assist Executive Director in Meet Management of Summer Provincial Championships.
• Assist in Open Water swimming program.
• Submit weekly reports.
• Promote the sport of swimming.
• Assist Executive Director as required.
Submit your resume and cover letter to Swim Nova Scotia email@example.com no later than March 15th, 2012.